How it Works
Book Online Now - Real Time Availability
TIP: Before you begin booking! Have the height of each rider available to enter in reservation. Height info allows us to prepare your Ebike with a custom fit for a safe and comfortable adventure.
TO BOOK ONLINE:
1. Add TOTAL NUMBER of EBIKES and select a DATE.
2. Select START TIME then LENGTH OF RENTAL.
3. Pay with credit card. Our system is encrypted and secure.
Call (207) 266-6543 for Ebike booking assistance or questions.
All riders must be at least 16 years old. Riders under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Ebikes are not appropriate for individuals under 5 feet height.
Arrive at Hulls Cove Visitor Center Parking Lot a few minuted before your selected start time. We will be in the oversize vehicle parking area. Look for the Acadia Ebike Adventure sign on a white cargo van. The bikes will be set up near the entry to the carriage roads.
Parking is available at the Visitor Center. During season, the Island Explorer bus has multiple routes that stop at the visitor center. The first bus that arrives at Hull's Cove from Bar Harbor is 1010AM. If you are arriving to Hull's Cove on the Island Explorer, let us know and we will make plans to wait for your arrival. The bus stop is steps from our starting location. The Island Explorer runs from Jun23rd through October 9.
Visit the Island Explorer Bus website for your route and time tables. Island Explorer Bus Route Finder
Acadia National Park Pass
Acadia National Park Pass is required for entry to the carriage trails. Recommend purchasing prior to arrival at a visitors center or online at Acadia Park Pass Online. More info and online passes can be found on the official Acadia National Park Service Website: Go to the Acadia National Park website. https://www.nps.gov/acad/index... One pass needed per vehicle. You do not need to purchase a separate bicycle pass if you have a vehicle park pass, annual park pass or senior park pass.
Waiver and Acknowledgement of Risk
Each rider will need to review and sign the acknowledgement of risk prior to rental. A link to review and sign the waiver online will be sent to email provided after booking.
If unable to print or access the waiver online, we will have printed copies of the waiver for review and signature on the morning of rental.
Parents will have to review and sign the Acknowledgement of Risk for any minors under the age of 18.
Arrival Info for Hull's Cove Visitor Center
Arrive at Hulls Cove Visitor Center at chosen start time.
If early, Hulls Cove Visitor Center has Rangers to help plan your visit to Acadia, Ranger Programs and schedules, restrooms and a gift shop with the cutest little childs Ranger vest I have ever seen.
If you are running late, call us at (207) 266-4143 or (207) 266-6543
Cruise ship passengers arriving by the Island Explorer bus will arrive with the first bus to the visitor center at 1010AM. Choose the 1045A start to accommodate the arrival of the bus. Cruisers not traveling by the Island Explorer bus to the visitor center should arrange transport prior to arriving in Bar Harbor. There is limited taxis and currently no rideshare companies, lyft or uber. It is 2.5 miles from the tender drop-off to Hulls Cove Visitor Center. Walking to the visitor center is not recommended. The path would take you along a heavily trafficked road with no sidewalk.
We will be at Hulls Cove Visitor Center 10 minutes before scheduled time to set up Ebikes. We will fit your bike and helmet followed by a mandatory brief orientation and safety briefing.
We provide a carriage road map and discuss suggested routes with points of interest personalized for you based on Carriage Road conditions, your comfort and wish list of sights. Your adventure begins!
Stop for food or hydration prior to arriving at Hulls Cove. The Visitor center does not sell food or drinks.
Safety equipment provided:
- Fashionable Helmet
- Bike Lock
- Side mirror and bell
- A video about Electric Bike Company Model E is available to review prior to rental
Return to Hulls Cove Visitor Center parking area for bike return. If you do not see us when you return, leave the bikes on the grass behind the fence near the carriage road entrance. Call or text so we may arrange for immediate bike pick up.
There is no penalty for early return.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Reservations may be cancelled up to 24 hours before rental. We will issue a refund to credit card on file minus a 3% credit card processing fee.
- You may alter or cancel your reservation date or start time online in your customer portal, up to 24 hours before your rental, based on availability.
- For all cancellations, please send a confirmation email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the rental date, name of reservation and number of bikes to be cancelled.
- If there is rain or poor road conditions the morning of rental we will cancel and offer a full refund or attempt to reschedule based on availability.
- We will make every effort to notify you the evening before your rental for weather cancellations. We may offer alternative start times to accommodate weather.
- We will be offering limited afternoon half day rentals beginning June 23rd until October 15th. Online Booking for half day rentals open 1 week prior to ride.
- Afternoon half day rides offered Wednesday thru Saturday. Rental starts at 230PM and returned no later than 700PM, based on time of sunset. This provides ample time for exploring the Carriage Roads on an Ebike.
- Rentals begin at our shop location located, 1 Dewey Street, Bar Harbor, Maine. We are located 0.4 miles from Hulls Cove Visitor Center and the Carriage Roads. For 0.2 mile you will have to use the bike lane on Route 3, a public road, to enter the National Park and access the Carriage Roads. Ebikes will be returned to the same location at end of rental.
- There is parking available at our shop. There is an Island Explorer bus stop less than 0.1 miles from our shop.
- Contact us for questions or more info about our afternoon half day Ebike Rentals.
We have the Deluxe Burley D'Lite X Trailer for children, designed for safety and comfort on gravel roads. We attach the trailer to your Ebike and provide an orientation and safety orientation.
There is no charge for the Burley. The trailer is provided with your Ebike rental on a first come basis.
Reserve the Burley Trailer as an add on in online booking.
The Burley carries up to two children, max weight 100 lbs. The trailer has padded adjustable seats with a headrest and harness, UV and rain protection, and is equipped with an adjustable suspension and 20 inch tires for stability.
Child Helmets are provided and are mandatory.
The Burley D'Lite X Trailer will be attached to your Ebike when you arrive. We provide a safety briefing and orientation.
- You must be 16 years or older to rent Electric bike. Under 18 riders must be accompanied by an adult at all times
- The Ebike can accommodate heights between 5' to 6’6"
- There is a max weight of 280 lbs. A person greater than 250 lbs will experience decreased battery capacity with less range. It is the riders responsibility to monitor Battery Life during rental.
- You need to exhibit safe operation and proficiency riding Ebike during orientation.
- We do not provide or arrange transportation from downtown Bar Harbor to Hulls Cove Visitor Center. There are limited taxis, uber or lyft in Bar Harbor. Reserve transportation from Bar Harbor prior to booking,
- The Island Explorer bus picks up passengers in Bar Harbor near the tender drop off. First drop off at Hull's Cove Visitor Center is at 1010AM. It is approximately a 10 minute bus ride from Bar Harbor to the Visitor Center.
- The Island Explorer bus operates from June 23, 2024 thru Ocober 9, 2024.
- There is no other public transportation from Bar Harbor to Hulls Cove Visitor Center outside of these dates.
- Call with any questions or inquiries regarding fall season rentals.
- We are an authorized seller for the Electric Bike Company and offer a special discount code exclusively for our renters for $200 off each Ebike purchased. Enter our code: ACADIA200 into discount section during online booking.
- See the dedicated page on Electric Bike Company Ebikes with links to the website, online customization and ordering and reviews.
- We do not service Ebikes